Enjoying the countryside
What an amazing weekend! We are so lucky to have such wonderful countryside on our doorstep. The possibilities are endless:
A days picnic
An overnight camp with friend
Woodland and riverside walks
A special birthday tea in Bessie
After gathering my hedgerow treasures I felt so hot I decided to take a stroll through the wonderfully shaded woodland and a little dip of my toes in the river – just magical. This is all for the sharing so why not give your friends a treat and book a Bessie birthday treat? Don’t forget, the end of Sept to end of October we are opening up our fields for campers at just £10 per vehicle per night – children and dogs very welcome.
- These steps to the river are so inviting on a scorching hot day – it’s got to be done
- Down by the river – so peaceful. Spot the Kingfishers and hear the geese
- Peeping through to our sunshine filled fields from the shady woodland
- Is this the fairy door? There is certainly a whole wildlife village going on under this ancient woodland
- Look how many tree trunks have emerged from this one tree over many years
- The magical, shaded woodland walk – full of wildlife. If you need to relax or get some inspiration it’s a perfect place to be
An amazing ancient tree – anyone for a climb?
- Gloriously golden at the moment, these chestnuts will be perfect for roasting in the Autumn – must get there before the squirrels though (maybe we’ll share)
Beautiful blackberries – just waiting to be eaten! Blackberry and apply pie or Blackberry Brandy anyone?
Straw bales in the midday sun with the church in the background
- Lovely wild Damsons – sshhh don’t tell anyone! Damson Brandy soon